Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Celebrating our 24th Year


 with my Beautiful Wife.

24 years ago today (4.30.89), I married my best friend. 

Today we start our 25th year on this journey together.

Marriage is like any commitment. You will get out of a marriage exactly what you put into it.
My belief has always been, “If you want a good wife? Be a good husband”.

24 years later, I think every vow taken on our wedding day has been exercised and put to the test, with a few additional strains, some tests of endurance and a lot of patience thrown in, to keep us on our toes, to test our love and commitment to each other.

We got to the altar so young, so naïve, yet so in love.  For most of us when we’re young we are filling a void, that hole that needs to be filled. So this new bride or groom seems like the perfect answer to live happily ever after and feel more complete.

But then the honeymoon begins to fade, the kids come; the career or careers kick in. Then enters the elephant into the room, that period where personal growth, personal changes, aging, or the mid life crisis are not easily avoided and can be very tough to work through. That same person you fell in love with, now might not be growing at your pace or you convince yourself, your spouse just may be from another planet. And if they would only just …………..
As I’ve addressed and owned up to my own defects through the years and tried to become the person inside I felt I wanted to become, I can honestly say that everything that required a huge effort on my part to grow and become a better person, my wife does with ease, from the heart and with little or no effort.

She is a natural beauty.


We plan to celebrate this weekend with a special evening in Seattle. She will put on her finest because she is as classy and sexy a woman as I have ever met.  I will be present and attentive as she tells me about her day or her dreams on our intimate evening together.

But for me after 24 years of being a happily married man, it's still the little things I just enjoy, like seeing my wife wearing my boxer shorts and her beat up ugg’s while she is out in the yard tending to her roses. That’s when I’ll look across the yard at her and fall more in love.

Thanks Mrs.

It’s a Great Life!

No comments:

Post a Comment