Thursday, September 19, 2013

a unique & happy ending out on Woodard Bay

On the morning of Wednesday July 3rd, I received a call from a representative for the State of Washington. She introduced herself and was with the Department of Natural Resources.
She had seen my listing online for sale on Woodard Bay and wanted to view the property that day. 
As the listing agent, I was there to meet her and her associate.
 I felt I had a very unique property with nearly 6 beautiful acres, 165 feet of Woodard Bay frontage, an indoor swimming pool and a 2,200 square foot sprawling rambler.



The 2 women showed up and were not the least bit interested in the home or swimming pool, or anything else I was busy trying to sell them. 
They were there to view the land and shoreline only. They did me the favor of viewing the home only at my insistence.



By Monday July 8th, the representative informed me the state of Washington would be purchasing my listing. GREAT !
With no interest in the home or swimming pool, their plan is to demolish the home and swimming pool. "Demolish" is a no longer the politically correct term. They plan to "deconstruct" the entire home and recycle every single item in the home.  

The family I was representing could not have been happier. It turns out the mother had been an environmentalists since the 1940's and it was very pleasing for her to know the land she had raised her family on, was going to be put back to its most natural state and will become part of the Woodard Bay Conservation Area.



I can't help think that in a few years I'll be out selling real estate in the Woodard Bay area and I'll drive by a home I sold, that is no longer there. 

It's progress/development in reverse.
 "Good going Washington State"
 It's been a privilege to be part of one of your transactions, that plans to preserve and conserve this beautiful state.

It's Great Life !





[ Kevin,

One behalf of us all, I want to thank you for your tireless and attentive work on this transaction.  It has proven an excellent end to what we feared would be a nightmare.  You have really helped us, and--more importantly--our mother.

Thank you.

brian ]

see you over at http://www.thurstonliving.com/




No comments:

Post a Comment