Wednesday, July 24, 2013

A blind (very happy) dog

I met a buyer at a home last evening that was for sale. As we were finishing our viewing, the seller was driving up his long private wooded driveway. His home was tucked in to over 3 acres of woods and he was no doubt, an outdoors man himself.
As he parked his pickup truck his dogs were in the bed with the excitement that dogs get when they are back home. 2 hunting dogs, tails wagging and eager enough to jump out of the bed while the truck was still rolling.
When the seller parked, he immediately opened the tail gate and one dog leaped off. The other dog wagging his tail waited anxiously as the seller opened a ramp and supported it to the gate.
 I had seen the dog and noticed a milky white look to both his eyes. So the seller grabbed the dogs collar and the blind dog scurried down the ramp and I thought, what a great attitude they both had.
I asked the seller about his dogs blindness and he said "that one day he had just lost his eyesight".
What really impressed me, was after the chocolate lab was down off the ramp it went about his business of being home and moving around the property like it had perfect vision. To watch its behavior you would have never known it was blind. 

My buyer didn't seem to like this home, but I sure enjoyed my blind dog encounter.
We are only here for a short stay. Make sure you take the time to enjoy every moment. Regardless of the situation or liabilities.

It's a Great Life !

see you over at http://www.thurstonliving.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment