Thursday, November 8, 2012

It's only money

If it's money that caught your attention to this post, I'm sorry this is not a post about money.This post is actually about the "It's Only" mindset.

My daughter has landed a dream job in the fashion industry in Los Angeles.
She described the interview as very exciting. There she was with this big shot in the fashion industry and his daughter who apparently runs her Dad's company. While conducting the interview the big shot Dad calls my daughter over to his desk and pulls out his check register. She found it very random and unusual. So she stands up and walks over to his desk and leans over his shoulder to peer at his check register and under every large check he writes for his business, is a quotation just under the amount,

um elle ~ it's only shoes
"IT'S ONLY CLOTHES"

When telling me the story she said "Dad you would really like this guy." I told her she was right. I do like this guy.
IT"S ONLY !
I'm the type that can get pretty wrapped up in whatever the heck it is I'm doing. Real estate, golf, money, you name it. It is so easy to do. When there is passion behind whatever you're doing, the intensity seems to accelerate and before you know it we can be completely consumed to the point of missing out on meals, loved ones, health and just overall balance to our lives.
I will ask my wife how her day went at work ? and when her reply is "well ya know it's only ????. She is more balanced and has left work at work. I admire that about her. I have a little more trouble being that way with just about everything.
LIFE OR DEATH ! ~ really ?
Nah, I just think it's life or death. It was only a round of golf.
Stick a few "It's Only's" in front of whatever consumes your day. It will bring clarity to what the heck you are doing with your time. It will bring more joy to whatever you're doing because you will shift your mindset/attitude.
It will also help prioritize what is REALLY IMPORTANT in your life.
Think about it. We wouldn't go around saying; it's only our kids, it's only my life, it's only my marriage.

It's a Great Life !





No comments:

Post a Comment