Tuesday, January 15, 2013

1.15.28 ~ 11.15.86 RIP Dad


Add caption


My Father, Robert Francis Lynch would have been 84 years old today. He left us in 1986 at 58 years young.  I was 29 years old.
I am now 55 years old and I pretty much became my father.
A quick resume for my Father.

  • Father of 8 children
  • High School Teacher
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Ran for the California State Senate seat in 1968 (came in 2nd)
I could expand on the resume, but this is my father, not a job interview. 

27 years ago seems like yesterday, but, 27 years is also a lot of life to be lived and because of my father, I made sure to live life as he did and he would have continued to do, if cancer had not taken the best of him.
Being the third oldest of eight children, our family was divided in many ways, simply from the age span.
He was Dad, is my fondest memory. The guy that would tell me all about growing up, sit in the stands at ball games and do silly Dad stuff around the house that I find myself doing with my own children.
He would load us all up in a 60's station wagon pulling a 60's Aljo trailer and off we'd go to New England from southern California to spend the summer with his and my Mom's families. He was an adventurer, he loved to travel, he loved to learn and he loved his family.
I think of him daily and the reality is, We have such a short time here. Death, divorce, growing up, moving out, traveling, starting our own lives can only leave us big warm places in our hearts to hold dear the ones we love and have met along the way.

Love you Dad

It's a Great Life !


















No comments:

Post a Comment