Sunday, March 3, 2013

2013 Palapalooza ~ Mom and son (4-11yr) event

Mom's and their sons start arriving right at 6:00 pm.

The boys are 4-11 years old and when I looked around the gym at the moms, I would say the average age was mid thirties. 
These mom's and their boys enter the gym and it is pretty much chaos with games of every kind a 5 year old boy might enjoy. The best games are the interactive games where it's mom's vs their sons.
The evening is a fund raiser for a good cause at our children's high school. It raises a lot of money, which is nice. But the real joy is watching  these kids spending quality time with their mom.   
What a blast !
My role is DJ and I take this shit serious. I'm given this remote and full use of the Capital high school gymnasium's sound system. I then  spend the evening cranking the volume as things get louder and crazier.

My Favorites from tonight's playlist;
  • 4 Beatles Tunes ~ Ob La Di, Baby you can drive my car, Magical Mystery Tour and Octopus's Garden. Thank you as always John, Sir Paul, Ringo and George .
  • 3 McCartney songs ~ Rockestra, Hi Hi Hi and Band on the Run.
  • Stevie Winnwood ~ Roll with it.
  • Tears for Fears ~ Everybody wants to rule the world.
  • The Plimsouls ~ a million miles away.
Nearly 4 hours of music on my IPod as I walk around the gym wireless providing the music for all the chaos. 

Forever a humble promoter and servant to rock and roll.

It's a Great Life !

see you over at http://www.thurstonliving.com/







No comments:

Post a Comment