Friday, March 15, 2013

the hard boiled egg that wasn't

Are we a snack society or what ?

My teens have their favorite snacks. Some are healthy, some are not. I stay out of their way and for the most part, we as a family eat pretty healthy.
The teens know one of my favorite snacks on hand in the frig are my organic jumbo trader Joe's hard boiled eggs. I keep no less than a half dozen chilled always.
A late night Cobb salad, an egg salad sandwich or if I'm in a hurry, I'll crack a few, salt and pepper them up and be on my way.
Standing over the sink dressed in some nice clothes because I'm a nice guy, I'm important, starving and need a quick snack.So I grab the bowl of eggs and proceed to smack one on the kitchen counter. This particular egg had not been boiled.  SPLAT !
This is no accident. This is teen abuse.
The process of boiling an egg is simple. Carton of eggs next to boiling water, eggs dropped into boiling water
for 15 minutes, then let sit in cold water for 30 more minutes. Voila ! The hard boiled egg.
So for a raw egg to be mixed into my boiled eggs can only be one thing. 
Teen abuse.
They got me and they got me good. 
I have no idea where they get this prank side to them from, but I will say this;
 "the ball is now in my court."

I know ~ so innocent looking




It's a Great Life !


No comments:

Post a Comment