Friday, December 21, 2012

12.21.12

Today was a blast !

I blogged a few months ago about my 21 year old daughter and her job interview in the fashion district of  los en jealous. During the interview, "Big Shot" who we have to re~name in a moment called my daughter over during her interview and had her read his check register and under each entry he wrote "it's only clothes".
Well "Big Shot" did hire my daughter and is the kind of individual that has taken a real liking to my daughter and has insisted on her considering he and his wife to be her stand in parents.
Since being hired and having my daughter completely kick ass with her duties for this man and his company, he approached her one day and asked, "are your parents up in Olympia hippies also, like us ?.
 OK ~ so her answer to her boss was, YEP !
So Big Shot noted above, is now "Hippie Boss". Apparently blogger of daughter with hippie boss is a hippie also.
So with that all out of the way, enjoy my day ~ I sure did..

I picked up my daughter last night at the airport and she is here for the holidays. The entire drive back I endured all the reasons it sucks to be back in Olympia.

  • I hate this town
  • It's so small
  • Everybody knows everybody
  • There is nothing to do
  • I can't wait to leave
Don't worry,
 I take none of the comments from my daughter personally. The irony is, each and everything she THINKS she dislikes about this town where she was raised, are the exact reasons her mother and I moved here. So as my 21 year old complains, I quietly listen and down deep, I'm even more proud where we chose to raise our children. Could be it's the hippie in me.

So hippie boss has a daughter who grew up in los en jealous and goes to school up here in Olympia at ??? ....... you guessed it. Evergreen State College. Home of the Geoducks and a few amazing professors who I had the privilege of representing, and getting them into their homes.
Hippie boss's daughter works downtown Olympia and he had encouraged my daughter while she was home for the holidays, to go in to his daughters work, introduce herself, tell her who she was and to say hi. Hippie boss made a pretty big deal out of this so my daughter was more than willing to do as he had asked. I thought it was the perfect time to get involved with all this, so I tagged along to meet hippie boss's daughter.
We met the daughter and she is adorable. It was quite random but her big smile and my daughters brilliance with anyone she meets, made for a very fun memorable encounter.
I insisted to hippie boss's daughter that she now had an Olympia stand in father while her father stands in for my daughter in LA.
The encounter was brief. She was at work after all and was not expecting us. In walking in to where she worked I bumped into a few other great people from our small town where everybody knows everybody and wished each one of them a very heartfelt "Happy Holiday".

It's a Great Life !


see you over at http://www.thurstonliving.com/











No comments:

Post a Comment